

Saturday we took the train downtown to meet Grandma. She took Mia to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's children's program. This was our second year going and Grandma is determined to make it a tradition. Since Annabel is still too small to enjoy the performance, Dad and I took her shopping downtown to get ideas for Christmas. Mia had a great time with just Grandma and loved listening to the story of Peter and the Wolf. We went to Starbucks after and then Mia got to run around like a nut in Grandma's office. It was fun and we look forward to taking both girls next year since Annie will be old enough
.


Today we took Annabel for her 6 month check up! Everything looks great, Dr. Roome was pleased to see her crawling and eating great. She is still a petite little one, just about 14 lbs and 25 1/2 inches, but he said she looks great (Mia was small too). So she is up on all fours and can move herself to objects we place out of reach, she crawls a few inches now. She knows her name and responds right away to it when we call her. She knows when I am not holding her now, is getting a little leary of strangers. She loves Mia, Mia can make her laugh so hard. Mia can dance around her or sing or play peek a boo and she just eats it up. She is still going down for the night around 6pm then up about 6am. She has been sleeping through the night with every other night one wake up....last night was another story, she was up at 11pm, then 3 then 5am. I think this time change has messed her up. Last night Uncle Chris can for a short visit since he's in town for business. So I kept her up for him to at least see her for a few minutes so maybe that through her off since she was up too late? Who knows, but I am just glad to have a healthy baby and know that she will eventually sleep all night. She loves sleeping on her tummy and she likes to jingle her Hungry Caterpillar when she wakes up - or play with it in the middle of the night like I caught her doing two nights ago. Just two shots today and so far she seems to be doing fine (unlike last time). I give her three meals a day, oatmeal mixed with a fruit or veggie that I have made then breastfeed the rest. She LOVES to eat, it's so cute, I don't remember Mia enjoying it this much this early on.
No comments:
Post a Comment