Sunday, July 1, 2007

you're pregnant!

And so it begins... I stopped taking my birth control pill back in April. Being a teacher, I wanted to plan out just right when we could have a baby, so I could have maternity leave AND summer vacation off. So I got a bit anxious and stopped in April. I have always been irregular but like clockwork, in May I got AF on time. Then comes June....waiting and waiting and no AF. I am feeling normal PMS symptoms, a tad more emotional and a very very subtle nausea. Cor is convinced that I am pg...I am doubtful part of me feels that AF will arrive, late as usual. Part of me is wondering why I am feeling queasy. So last Saturday, June 23, we went to our local Walgreens, and after mulling over which test was best, bought a home pregnancy test. I had to hurry because some friends were coming to take me to some estate sales. So I take the test, leave while Corey is counting aloud the 2 minutes we have to wait...we creepy back up to the bathroom and he says "You're pregnant!" Both of us shocked, happy, nervous.....and so our journey begins. I hated that I had to leave a few seconds later to go out with said friends, but I couldn't help but grin to myself in the car as we drove off....

later that night Corey and I went to Fresh Starts to celebrate and then to Borders to buy our first 'expectant father/mother' books...

I am learning these first few weeks are scary and a lot can happen. I am already very aware of every little pain, cramp, craving, weird feeling I am having....it's amazing that this little tiny baby, with a HEARTBEAT, is living within me.

First doctor's appointment is July 10th...so much to think about and prepare for....but I want to savor each moment because I know it will go by so fast.

No comments: