Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Walnut Room +Elevator Adventure




Yesterday the girls and I meet Grandma at Macy's (the old Field's) for our annual trip to the Walnut Room for lunch then to see Santa. It was nice outside so that made this year's trip very nice. The girls wanted to take the train downtown. We saw Santa and then had a nice lunch..and the fairies visited us again and sprinkled pixie dust to make our wishes come true.
We then walked through Christkindlmarket which was super crowded and a bit touristy. But since it was nice out it was great to just walk though. Then we went up to Dad's office to visit. The girls had fun seeing lots of dad's co-workers and even met the big boss of the firm. They loved looking outside of the 47th floor view!
Then....on the way back to the lobby, we had to take the handicap elevator from the 2nd floor to the lobby. Mia somehow went ahead on the wrong elevator and as we were saying her name to get off, the doors closed and off she went. I didn't panic at first because 1. I knew she couldn't go farther than floor 8 2. We were in an office building NOT a department store so chances of some perv kidnapping her were lower 3. I know my daughter...and I know how smart she is and I knew she would figure this out. Sure enough after a few minutes, she returned to our floor. She ran right to me and cried as of course she did get a bit scared...I didn't make a big deal out of it. She then told us that she saw on Calliou how he got lost once and his mom told him to just stay where he was and she would find him...so we told her how smart she was and that was the right thing to do. She later told me that a man got on and said to her 'are you lost' and she told him nothing, then a lady got on and said 'oh she was on the 2nd floor' so I am thinking they pushed her 2nd floor button to return her. Anyway, we were glad she was ok and returned in a few minutes.....









No comments: