Wednesday, October 10, 2012

tidbits

* We saw Mary Poppins for movie night on Saturday. The girls loved it. I misread the time and thought it was 1:39, but it actually was 139 MINUTES so the girls went to bed way late. But it's such a great movie and they really enjoyed it. Annie keeps saying how Mary Poppins flies with her umbrella
*Annie has entered the 'why' stage...everything is why momma this, why momma that, and she has turned 16 over night. It's crazy the growth spurt from 2-3, vocabulary and all.
*Mia is a reading machine. We get tons of easy readers out from the library and she will just sit and read to us. I love how she can just read to herself now. She is getting really good with adding too and spelling her whole name with no help. She's very independent.
*Annie is officially in underwear - yeah! She's so cute with it and I can tell she feels like a big girl
*This week is Tillie's birthday and tonight I asked Annie what we should buy her for her birthday. Annie's reply "a piggy bank"...so a piggy bank we will buy :)
* Cutest thing is driving and seeing Annie sing songs that we play. Some favorites are John Denver's Annie's Song (or as she says "MY song"), Country Roads and Sunshine on my Shoulder; Jason Mraz's Momma Says; Raffie's Banaphone to name a few.
* The other day when we took Mia to school, one of her friends hugged her hello, then another, then another and before I knew it all the girls were hugging Mia saying "Mia, yeah, Mia". So sweet and so happy to see her have so many friends. She will also tell us how she plays with her 'soccer' friends at recess since some of them are in different classes. CUTE!

No comments: