We took an early train down on Friday morning and arrived at the hotel around 1pm. We had a quick lunch then walked around a bit. We walked over to the half marathon expo to pick up my race packet then after some more exploring went to dinner then out for ice cream. We were pretty wiped out but managed some pool time then all headed to bed.
Saturday we woke up around 5am. I was all set for the race and Corey got the girls set up in the stroller all set with their cow bells to cheer me on. They saw me off at the start line, then again at around mile 5 then around mile 10 then at the finish line. It was a beautiful course, but the second half was very hilly, I still made good time, finishing in at 1:56 (11 mins faster than my first half last fall). I was so glad to see the finish line, we hung out a bit, took a pic with the Abe Lincoln walking around then headed back to the hotel. At this point we decided to stay another night since we still wanted to go back and see some of the sights I ran past and the museum. We had lunch at the Alamo for the post race party then while the girls napped in the stroller walked to Lincoln Park to see Lincoln's tomb and let the kiddos play at the playground. We walked back (Corey and I were pretty tired by now, must have walked a least 5 miles) we went to the Illinois State Museums which was excellent, all about Lincoln, a great kids play area and a neat movie. We had a nice pizza dinner, one last dip in the pool then to bed. We took an early train home in time for Easter Sunday!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment