Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Potty and infection

On Friday we ran out of diapers. I told Mia it's time for big girl pants as I refuse to buy more diapers. After some protesting (due to a few failed attempts in the past) Mia started to get the hang of things. We went straight to underwear and just use pull ups overnight until she wakes up dry. So with m&m's and a reward chart earning her some new train engines,she is doing awesome. She had her first successful "#2" with dad on Saturday. We actually went shopping on Sunday with no accidents.

We had a minor setback yesterday because she woke up with a fever, puffy eye and feeling sick. But she still went on the pot! So I took her to the doctor this morning and looks like her cold turned into a respiratory infection that spread to her sinus area. She is on amoxicillin and eye drops. She seems to be feeling better already as she is up playing dress up puzzles and yelling at Annie. Spring hurry!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Little Mia you are getting so big. I am proud of you, that you are doing do good with your potty training. Love you so much, Grandma

Patterson Family said...

That is awesome! GO MIA! Our pediatrician said that every little one just has his/her own "time" and then it's like something just clicks. And then said something like "trying before then can be like beating your head into a wall" haha. So proud of her, what a big girl :)

M and A's mom said...

So true Brenda. Our pedi said same thing. I was so frustrated when I tried before. But I just told Corey I'm
Actually glad she is trained at this age because she doesn't need my help at all! It's so true when they are ready it should only take a day and it did