Saturday, October 2, 2010

sicky sick



Friday morning at 3am I saw Corey leap out of bed and run downstairs...then I heard Mia crying. She had gotten sick all over her pillow. Thank goodness daddy heard her. Poor peanut...so Friday was my first day home with a sick toddler and a tiny peanut trying to keep the germs away. It was a long day, to top it off when my dog came and tossed up his meal in the middle of the living room all over my iphone - not a good day. But we survived and by this evening Mia was bouncing off the walls as her normal self. Keeping my fingers crossed that Annie doesn't get this bug, so far she seems ok.

So today I had to leave my shopping buddy at home to rest with Daddy while I took the little sister with me to Trader Joe's..yes I am being a traitor to my local grocery store that is literally at the end of my block to sell out to the yuppy grocery store chain. But I have good reasons: 1. It's CHEAP! seriously cheaper than you think and 2. the selection of organic produce is way better than my dear Walt's. So Annie and I had a lovely Saturday morning perusing the aisles at Joe's and enjoyed saving some moola too. Mia and dad had a campout planned for this evening in the backyard but have to postpone due to the stomach bug and rain!

Annabel is really enjoying eating! She loves rice and oatmeal cereals and so far I've only made sweet potatoes and butternut squash for her. Loved them both...she gulped down the squash tonight and cried for more! My milk supply started to decrease when she hit 4 months, which I am reading and hearing from friends is common...but it's back up to par so I am very happy with that. It makes me feel SO good that I don't have to use formula at all.

No comments: