

Our little Annie has turned into a little social butterfly. She giggled, all out belly giggled, for the first time on Tuesday. It was the cutest thing ever and luckily my IPhone was nearby to catch it! But in turn, I think she is fighting her naps so much because of this! Yesterday I seriously tried to get her to nap from 1130 until finally she fell asleep at 220 (in her crib) but to wake up at 3! Then she stayed up until bedtime, which of course I pushed early and started to put her down at 630, only to have her smiling at me but crying whenever I left. Finally I just took her back out and she was so happy just watching Mia and I fold laundry. Then (Corey was late) we took her up and Mia sang to her (which is the normal routine, Dad and Mia read to her then sing to her before I put her to bed) and I rocked her a little (she isn't much of a rocker like Mia was) I put her down and she finally did her roll to the side, suck her thumb and fall asleep thing....then she was up at 455, 520, 6 then finally back until 730! I know I can't complain because she does sleep for so long at night but I hope this phase passes soon. We follow Dr. Weissbluth's book on sleep and he says by 4 months is when nap cycles start to length and mature. As long as she is happy, we are happy too!
On a side note, can I just say that I have taken a 'facebook' break and allow myself to only go on once a week! It's REFRESHING. Sometimes it's too much to know what all these people are doing, thinking, bragging on....I do like to see what family and friends are up to but years ago wasn't that what phone calls were for? or even letters and emails for that matter! something to think about today...
No comments:
Post a Comment