Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1 month







One month ago our little Annabel was born! This past Saturday we ventured out and attempted our first dinner out as a family of four. It went great! We tried a new restaurant in town and Annabel slept the entire time until the very end but we were ready to leave by the time she started to stir. She is getting bigger and NB is starting to get tight on her - but 3 months are still a little big but they work. I have a feeling she will have early gross motor skills like her big sissy as she is already trying to roll from back to front - yikes! She isn't a huge fan of tummy time but can lift her head very nicely either on the floor or on our shoulders. Last night she slept all the way until 430 for her first night feeding - I was shocked, I woke up at 330am waiting for her to want to nurse, I almost woke her up but am glad I left her because then she woke up an hour later. She is a little peanut and so cute! She is starting to smile awake (she smiles all the time in her slept).

Mia is funny. She likes to tease us a lot. Some of her quotes she is saying now are as follows. She will say something like what she wants to do (read a book, go for a walk) then say " how bout that Mom? that sound good?" and everything is "better" like if she falls she'll say "i'm all better mom" or if we are walking she'll see a car and say "car is all better". Somedays she will just say "better and better and better" ...its funny. She is such a good eater too and I hope that keeps up. Bedtime has been a little challenging with the baby...but what seems to be working is that I get her ready and read to her then Daddy comes up to sing to her and put her to sleep while I take Annie. Mia is doing great in her big girl bed still and sometimes wakes up before us! We have found her many mornings in her play area coloring downstairs when we are asleep upstairs, so we started to lock the top gate at night so that she comes up to our room. But she is such a good girl and so funny!

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

How very beautiful they both are....I love the hair