Monday, April 19, 2010

Mia's milestones

I feel like I need to record what Mia is doing now so I know how much she is growing. Here are some things for me to record for my own knowledge:

1. Mia is counting up to 20 (she is skipping around in her teens but knows to go to 20). She can recognize all numbers up to about 14 (I have even heard her counting in spanish from 1-5, thanks to Dora I would imagine)
2. knows upper and lower case letters and can put beginning sound words to most letters (u is for umbrella, etc)
3. She sings the entire alphabet, twinkle twinkle, ding ding, songs with Daddy she can fill in the blanks to Gambler, Big Jim, Annie songs and I'll be your Baby tonight....
4. Daddy is teaching Mia geography, so far she can say where she, Papa, Aunt Christie and Ella live.
5. She is putting on her own shoes and trying her best to dress herself too (although at times it is hard for her but she is determined)
6. She can climb into her own chair and stroller and buckle herself - she insists on buckling herself in the car seat too which is fun
7. She is a master at puzzles. We have uploaded a few puzzle applications on the iphone and after showing her just once she catches on and solves them all herself.
8. She is a HUGE helper which is going to be great when the baby comes. She picks up after herself, will put her dirty clothes in her hamper, puts her shoes away, helps clean up after dinner, will go get things if I ask her and she LOVES to help out - totally builds up her confidence
9. Loves to go out back and play 'baseball' with daddy, she loves her beagles and will hug and kiss them, she loves feeding them and giving them their bones.

No comments: