What do you do when at 4am you hear "where mama?" "where dady?"...."mama" "daddy"...then a bunch of songs and babble? Ignore it right? Then you fall back asleep and wake at 5am and you continue to hear the same little voice coming from her bedroom. A happy voice but a voice nonetheless. This is what I do, in my head I say "please please please go back to sleep". Then about 530am I get up to make sure the "mama? mama? mama?" isn't something serious. I go in and nope, she is happy standing up, excited that I came in. Desperate for a few more minutes of sleep, I bring her into our bed (big time parent NO NO). Ok so it's dark, she'll go back to sleep with us I am hoping. Nope, she excitedly starts to tap on daddy and say "daddy!! daddy"...then again tap me and say "mama". Then I'm still trying to get a few more minutes of sleep, I hear her singing "a, b, c....g, i....". She is not going to sleep. So in utter desperation I turn on the TV hoping some PBS program is on this early...it is and she is silent...I get a few more minutes of sleep. She nevers goes back to sleep. We start our day way earlier than I wanted but at least she isn't sick or in teething pain. We get moma a grande starbucks (pregnancy NO NO but um I'm desperate) and we head to Diane's. Big huge meltdown when I leave because she is, you guessed it, tired! But when I pick her up at 3pm she receives a good report from Diane, saying "she was great, no signs up being up at 4am". Happy about that.
Today, I didn't hear the the songs or babble or "dady?" "mama?" until a lovely 6am. ahhh sleep is so good!
1 comment:
What a little doll. We can't wait to see her for Halloween. Love grandma
Post a Comment