Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 weeks and girls weekend




Friday was our first prenatal check up and it went great. I love my new doctor, she was great, took her time and I just felt super comfortable with her (I loved my OB before but I really love this one). Everything looked great, my bp was fine, they took a ton of blood (ouch) of course but otherwise it was a smooth appointment. I go back in 4 weeks.

Friday after the appointment, we said bye to dad downtown and headed up to our summer house for a weekend with just Grandma and great Aunt Pam. It was a great, relaxing weekend. Since I have been so tired, I didn't mind hanging out and visiting with the girls and laying low. We had a very late dinner then got to the house at about 9pm - I had changed Mia into her pj's at the restaurant so she went right to bed. Saturday we drove to the Apple Fest then did some shopping and had a great lunch in Dowagiac. We then came home and made a fire and just played, visited and enjoyed just relaxing - ahhh. Sunday we slept in a bit and headed back to the city after a yummy breakfast. I actually was able to really eat this weekend and enjoy my meals. I slowly am starting to feel better, as long as I keep my stomach from getting empty. We had a great time with Grandma and Aunt Pam.

Mia is doing great, talking up a storm, echoing everything we say. We were talking about Einstein bagels and all weekend kept saying "einstein, einstein". She insists she is "two", whenever you ask her how old she is (she used to say one) she now says "two" like duh don't you know that. Getting smarter and bigger everyday!

No comments: