We've had a quiet week and weekend. Mia is doing great, walking everywhere, babbling more and eating lots. Some days she is picky, other days she gobbles up whatever is in front of her. I am learning that she is moody, just like anyone. On Tuesday I took her for her chicken pox and hep shots and she didn't even cry! I had Dr. Townsend listen to her heart again (being the paranoid mommy I am, just wanted to make sure) and he assured me the murmur is very soft, she will most likely grow out of it, no it's not necessary to see a cardiologist (as I thought) and she is growing just fine. So we will see what happens at her 15 month check up.
My advice to everyone out there that doesn't have a baby yet....be frugal when you buy toys and such. It's amazing what simple things around the house entertain Mia for hours. Often times her toys sit untouched because she would rather carry around a pair of socks, empty out the kitchen cabinets or (her latest) carry around a bag of bread, refuse to let Mom have it back until it finally busted, giving the beagles a treat! Yes, she will look at her books, play with her stacking cups and all her toys in her playroom but it's funny how simple household items are always a favorite.
Today we went to the mall to buy Mia her first pair of Stride Rite sandals - they are super cute and she (of course) carried them all around the house this afternoon. We also stopped at a few other stores to buy some spring clothes for Mia (mom found NOTHING for herself).
1 comment:
I am glad to hear the murmur is nothing the doctor is concerned about.
I also agree about the toys. Our coffee table was great entertainment for the boys as was an empty card board box from a TV or Frig! Kiss MIA For us
Post a Comment