Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my petite princess

Today was Mia's 6 month check up and it went great! Dr. Selig was chuckling about Mia's milestones of crawling and sitting up. She joked with Mia and said "what do you think you are 9 months old!?!". Mia is steadily growing in the 25th percentile, hence my little petite princess! She is now 14 lbs 8 oz (an exact doubling of her birth weight) and measuring in at 25 inches long. Dr. said she can increase solids/cereals to three times a day! I am still nursing her, plan on it until she's about 1 year and she is supplementing formula during the day with her sitter....however mommy and some of her fellow mommy friends at school are going to attempt to have a 'pumping session' during lunch tomorrow! So if that goes ok (no kiddos walking in on us) she can drink BM during the day too.

She is doing better and better at Diane's each day and it's getting easier to drop her off. I know she is having fun and when I pick her up, she is all smiles and giggles. She loves watching her new friends and it's a very cute group of kiddos she is with. Let's hope the year continues as smoothly as I prayed it would go!

Daddy has been working crazy late hours because his office moved and Mia has missed her daddy! In the mornings when she sees him she laughs and 'ohhh ohhh's him, it's really cute.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Dear Little Mia,

WOW! You are really something crawling and standing and laughing so much. I tell Mommy all the time what a happy little baby you are.

Love you lots,
Grammy