Tuesday, February 5, 2008

showered with gifts and baby update







37 weeks already! Today's DA went pretty good. My BP is 104/70, baby's heart rate was jumping between 140 and 148, she is definately head down in the cervix, but so far still no dilation and she is measuring at 35 cm. My ob says everything looks good and that she thinks I will go right around my due date. As I was laying down on the table, I noticed how swollen my legs and ankles were! She said they looked pretty swollen too but my BP and urine looked fine so just to rest. I have to stop wearing my 'cool' shoes and opt for more comfy shoes these next few weeks.



Shower #3 was this past Saturday, given by my mom and my best friend Mary at the Melting Pot downtown. It was so much fun! A few good friends couldn't make it but it was great to see some of my other friends I don't get to see often. I received even more wonderful gifts and it was just so fun. Corey and the guys went to a cigar shop while we girls had fun. My mom's friend took tons of pictures so I will post more when I get them. She took a few of my bare belly too :)




Shower #4, the final one, was Monday at school (postponed from Friday since we had a SNOW DAY). We received lots of nice outfits and some things off our registry. The only thing left to buy is our breast pump and then eventually our convertible seat and maybe that Maclaren stroller I want.




Now it's just a count down until this little one is born. I'm nervous, excited, anxious, scared....all wrapped up into one. She is moving so much lately and at times it's painful. But I am glad she is growing and Corey and I can't wait to see what she looks like. We have the name narrowed down to TWO finals...depending on what she looks like, we'll pick the best suited for her.





No comments: